The Business Analyst works with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement in Aspen Skiing Company’s portfolio of Mountain, Retail, and Food & Beverage applications. The Business Analyst works with teams across the organization: Product Sales and Service, Rental-Retail, Food & Beverage, Ski and Snowboard Schools, Mountain Operations, Accounting, Finance, Legal and other IT Teams.
Essential Job Functions
• Consult with users to understand individual system needs as well as analyze and understand functions, client needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements
• Act as a liaison between internal stakeholders and various application vendors for troubleshooting, ticket management, releases, and product roadmaps
• Document requirements for enterprise-wide Point of Sale and other SQL based systems
• Develop test plans for Point of Sale and Inventory management systems
• Test Point of Sale and Inventory Management system upgrades before production deployment
• Provide support for primary applications including; MP2 enterprise work order & maintenance system (Lift Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance, Property Services & the Warehouse), RTPOne (Product Sales & Services), CounterPoint inventory management (Rental-Retail), InfoGenesis POS (Food & Beverage)
• Provide documentation and training for users for each technical solution
• Provide documentation and training and documentation for Help Desk staff, so that Help Desk staff may assist in supporting the solutions on an on-going basis
• Elicit functional requirements from various stakeholders and translate them into formal, detailed technology specifications
• Articulate solution alternatives that best solve existing business problems
• Configure and setup tables, facilitate day-to-day interaction with vendors and be responsible for developing and executing robust test plans
• Ensure issues uncovered during the testing cycle are prioritized, communicated and resolved in a timely manner to ensure implementation timelines are met
• Develop and deliver ad hoc user queries and reports
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in a group problem solving situations.
• Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
• Communication – Effective oral and written communication; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Degree in Business Administration, Management, Information Technology or associated field required.
• 5+ years effectively managing multiple tasks and projects, with a demonstrated ability to identify and to communicate issues that may inhibit successful project completion
• 5+ years of hands-on requirements and design development in complex environments required
• Demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional teams span business and technical sides of the organization
• Experience in creating test plans, executing test plans and providing feedback to development teams for issue resolution
• Experience in working with various project methodology practices is required
• Preferred working experience in the leisure, travel, tourism, or hospitality industries along with functional expertise in the following: Food & Beverage, Retail-Rental, Product Sales & Services
• Experience working with matrixed teams and vendor partners preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.