Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Don’t let the title of this position scare you away! We receive tons of questions every year from applicants on how they can become a certified instructor, or, how they can get the most time on the mountain this season. If you have ever wanted to spend your season truly enjoying our product, honing your skills or meeting and working with people from all around the world, this is the position for you! Typically, an uncertified instructor is an intermediate-level snowboarder; someone who wants to develop their abilities throughout the season. They are someone who loves to meet new people and share their passion for the mountains.
Our training and development program will give you the tools you need to develop you skills as a rider both on the mountain and in a structured lesson. By the end of the season, you will have the opportunity to test into a Level 1 Certification through PSIA if you are interested.
Job Summary: at Mt. Brighton, the Non-Certified Instructor will provide quality snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Colorado and Michigan Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. Full and Part Time positions for PSIA/AASI certified instructors are available for the Winter Season! Positions are available in both Children’s and Adult’s Ski & Snowboard School.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate rider skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- High School or Equivalent Education
- Attend Ski and Ride training sessions
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous snowboard instructor experience
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring all age groups
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 261587