Cook III/Kitchen Manager: As one of the most experienced and efficient workers in the kitchen you will be looked to as a leader and expected to be a positive influence on other team members. You should be able to train, lead, supervise, and manage individuals in any position in addition to assisting the chef in assembling daily prep lists.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of stocks, soups, sauces, salads, vinaigrettes, dressings, hors d’oeuvres and appetizers.
- Prep, trim and portion proteins; break down fish, shellfish and crustaceans.
- Grill, roast, braise, poach and/or sauté to exacting specifications.
- Assist Chef with daily prep lists.
- Read and update Banquet Orders if applicable.
- Assist in orientation, training and supervision of kitchen personnel as directed.
- Communicate well.
- Practice proper food storage principles.
- Manage waste issues and portion controls.
- Maintain a constantly safe, clean and sanitary work environment.
- Exhibit keen customer service skills, specifically caring for guests’ special dietary needs.
- Assist with quality control and presentation oversight.
- Observe mechanical safety of kitchen equipment and report maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Commitment to honesty, integrity, safety, professionalism, pride, teamwork and fun.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Understand and carry out innovative practices.
- Exhibit extraordinary drive and passion for food.
- Possess exceptional organizational and creative skills.
- Operate any kitchen safely.
- Work in, guide and lead a team environment with enthusiasm and pride.
- Follow kitchen grooming standards to the letter.
- Observe and help others conform to all company policies and procedures.
- Leave workstation surgically clean at the end of shift.
- A high school Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five years’ experience in commercial kitchen environment.
- Experience in a kitchen as a Cook II or equivalent.
- Willing and able to work lengthy days, nights, holidays and weekends as necessary.
- Hospitality or culinary degree.
- Managerial experience.
- Area/Regional food knowledge.
- Should be able to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to present information is small group settings such as with co-workers or guests.