Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Are you looking to hone your culinary skills? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Sous Chef is responsible for all food culinary operations: banquets, breakfast, buffets, lunch and dinner, including planning, scheduling, organizing and directing work, training personnel, while ensuring compliance with the NPS, Brand Standards and Internal Audits. The Sous Chef is additionally responsible for the ordering of supplies, the supervision & training of staff, monthly inventories and deputation of sous chefs. This individual also monitors employee clock in and clock out, and assists in oversight of Employee Dining Room. This is a summer position. Our season typically runs from May through early October. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- 1 year sous chef experience
- 2 years line cook experience
- Multi Outlet resort experience
- Cold & hot food preparations
- Knowledge of different stations like grill, garde manger and sauté
- High volume cooking experience
- Previous supervisory experience
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and, if necessary, assist cooks during service.
- Oversee clean up of entire kitchen after service is over according to brand standards.
- Requisition food for next day’s menu.
- Make sure all kitchen staff follow the principles of serve safe and participates in safe knife handling training.
- Ensure that the Kitchen Crew is completely staffed and scheduled accordingly.
- Outline daily assignments for each station.
- Ensure that each station has the proper amount of ingredients to start the prep work.
- Assist any of the crew as needed.
- Schedule all prep work to be done so cooks can take a 30-minute break
- Ensure that the hot line is set up and well stocked with every item.
- Explain menu items to restaurant staff and answer any pertinent questions.
What’s In It For You?
· FREE Housing (including linens and all utilities)
· FREE Full Hook-Up RV Sites
· FREE Meal Plan (3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria)
· FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
· FREE Participation in guest activities: Horseback rides, kayak and boat rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
· Complimentary WiFi
· Complimentary use of Recreation halls and Employee Gym (Climbing Wall)
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 440868