Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Starting Wage: $17
- Shift Availability: Full Time and Part Time
The Ticket Scanner is responsible for exceeding guests’ expectations and ensuring the “ultimate mountain experience.” We as Ticket Scanners are responsible for greeting each guest, scanning every ticket and verifying that each guest has a valid product to access the mountain. In addition, operating base area Magic Carpet Lifts, ensuring the safety of guests loading, riding and unloading. This is a 100% outdoor position. Other duties as assigned.
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of all products, department objectives, and scanning processes
- Cultivating a friendly, fun, team environment for the experience of a lifetime for fellow employees and guests
- Promoting, embracing, and adhering to Vail Resorts’ Mission and Core Values
- Scanning lift tickets, and passes
- Providing friendly and helpful guest service
- Ensuring accuracy of lift passes and tickets
- Participating in department activities and service initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for guest service and the ski and snowboard industry
- Accountability, responsibility, and punctuality
- Enthusiasm, with an engaging personality and exceptional communication skills
- Ability to maintain a professional presence in the workplace and adhere to our appearance standards
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to stay enthusiastic and perform well when busy
- Ability to work outside, on your feet, in all weather conditions for long periods of time
- Ability to work holidays is a must, and weekends as necessary
The budgeted range starts at $17.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free Summer pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 444969