Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Ticket Scanner is a highly energetic, motivated, and friendly person with a focus on ensuring our guests have a world-class experience. The Ticket Scanner should expect to interact with hundreds of guests over their shift, and be ready to smile, greet, and thank each and every one of them. Candidates must enjoy working outdoors and demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally with guests and co-workers to provide an Experience of a Lifetime.
- Accurately, efficiently, and independently scan all media and verify that each guest and employee has a valid product to access the ski area.
- Work on a hand-held computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed.
- Effectively demonstrates the ability to learn, understand and communicate well with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings to make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives.
- Communicate professionally in-person, over the phone and on mountain radio, to both internal and external guests. Follow proper radio protocols and procedures.
- Create a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Demonstrate proficiency in opening/closing procedures, maintaining a safe work environment, and interacting with guests and working on a computer at the same time.
- Follow company/department policies and procedures including performing duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of work area while paying attention to detail.
- Maintain safety standards in work area, including snow removal/deicing.
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses; willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of Product Sales and Services, and cross-departmental training, as requested.
- Present a professional appearance in accordance with company guidelines for grooming and attire.
- Greet/direct guests as they arrive.
- Manage parking lot, including directing/organizing guest parking.
- Field guest issues and work to create individualized service solutions.
- Cross train as Lift Operator.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Ability to work well with others while maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service in all base area operations
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form (in English) including communicating on the mountain radio
- Ability to work at least 3 shifts per week, including weekends and holidays – Required
- Minimum availability of at least three holiday periods - Required
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including: handle exposure to inclement weather; standing for long periods of time; bending, kneeling, stooping; and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Prior Guest Services experience – Preferred
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343419