Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Are you experienced in construction, equipment operation, plumbing, and/or general labor? Want to plow snow at night and ski all day this winter? Put your skills and experience to work in one of the world's most beautiful places! Help to deliver world-class guest service and surpass your expectations for what work can be by joining the Vail Resorts family.
The Intermediate Equipment Operator (II) will operate a variety of equipment, trucks and tractors for the purpose of street and utility repair, maintenance, snow removal and construction of facilities. Provide routine maintenance to base areas. Operate all equipment used by the Base Ops team including but not limited to Skid Steers, Fork Lifts, Loaders and backhoe. Monitor all equipment and make sure that all issues are addressed promptly and communicated with Vehicle Maintenance. Physical Labor will be required due to the broad scope of the jobs that will be done for the resort. Responsible for all aspects of nightly snow removal operation. Other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year heavy equipment experience - required
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Able to read, write, speak, understand and comprehend English fluently - required
- Valid Colorado driver's license and clean driving record - required
- Able to lift and carry 100lbs - required
- Class A or B CDL License is required for this position
The budgeted range starts at $18-$22/hr. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 342767