Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Type: Year-Round
Job Classification: Full-Time
Start Date: September, 2020
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees and our guests, we are excited to welcome applications for the position of Executive Chef at Stevens Pass, with an intended start date of September 2020.
Overseeing 3 Base Area Lodges, and 8 departments with accountability for 45+ Cooks and Chefs, the Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary operations throughout Stevens Pass resort including Quick Service & Full Service Restaurants, Catering, Satellite Operations and Ski School meal program in accordance with Vail Resorts standards. The Executive Chef will provide visionary leadership and management for concept, menu & employee development, food and employee safety, and operational processes from ideation through implementation.
• Champion cleaning and sanitation policies implemented because of COVID-19, and ensure social distancing and procedure compliance as dictated by Health and Safety and local regulatory bodies
• Driving awareness and implementing safety and food safety initiatives and procedures throughout the resort not limited to weekly safety and sanitation audits, food handling, Serve Safe and equipment
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all local/regional/national agencies required to exceed all safety & planning requirements
• Build connections with employees and stakeholders to ensure department is aligned with resort and enterprise goals1197490
• Provides ongoing leadership and development for managers throughout the division
• Responsible for supporting day to day operations for our outlets in the absence of general management
• Develop a motivated, passionate and engaged culinary brigade by creating a culture focused on understanding the employee experience
• Be an active member and professionally represent Stevens Pass F&B on both Resort and companywide best practice groups such as the Chef’s Alliance and the Safety Committee
• Lead monthly profit and loss reviews with culinary management team
• Strategic planning to foster financial growth through innovative, trending and on brand initiatives including the menu design and costing, labor forecasts and inventory and procurement best practice
• Develop and enhance restaurant concepts by being fully aware of trends in the industry, creating & executing ideas for continual improvement
• Train culinary leaders and staff on guest service standards consistent with our company mission
• Monitor guests, partners and internal feedback and take corrective action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction
• Builds and maintains strong, collaborative working relationship with local Health Department and local community programs the resort is affiliated with
• Work closely with local/regional/national agencies & all resort vendors to support and drive our company commitments to Zero Waste by 2030
• Follow and ensure strict Stevens Pass guidelines in regards to waste, compost, recycling and other streams of kitchen waste
• Multi-unit culinary management experience
• Experience in fiscal planning and knowledge of profit and loss reporting
• Strong inventory control skills and cost of sales management
• Strong technology skills- including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, F&B POS Systems, Coupa and PeopleSoft or Payroll System
• Ability to manage change in an organized professional manner
• Previous responsibility for food purchasing, labor management and performance management
• 2 years hotel catering/banquet chef experience
• Four-year college degree
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213728