Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Type: Year Round
Job Classification: Full-Time
Locations: Vail and Beaver Creek
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees and our guests, we are excited to welcome applications for two Senior Director – Food & Beverage positions, one for Vail Mountain and one for Beaver Creek Resort.
These two Senior Directors will lead the Mountain Dining Divisions for Vail Mountain and Beaver Creek Resorts. The ideal candidates will have a senior level of operations management experience over multiple food and beverage units as well as a strong ability to develop relationships with key business partners and other functional groups. We also desire candidates that have strong ability to develop concepts and are able to bring the resort brand vision to life through culinary activation and guest experience. Most importantly we are looking for individuals who will be strategic and solutions oriented with strong leadership and extensive top notch food & beverage expertise encompassing both a fine dining environment as well as multi-unit high volume operations.
Both positions will sit as part of the Mountain Dining Leadership Team driving innovation, quality, and profitability in our restaurant operations, and will sit as key members of the Resort Senior Leadership Team working to drive an overall high quality resort experience.
- Responsible for overall operations in the Mountain Dining division and maintaining a high standard of quality and service to maximize the guest experience and support the resort brand.
- Responsible for compiling capital project needs for operations, overseeing menu development and service guidelines, and ensuring operations are maintaining a high level of guest and employee service.
- Works as a member of the resort's Senior Leadership Team to drive a high quality resort experience.
- Builds and develops a talented management team that is aligned with resort goals and culture and can deliver to established operational standards.
- Works with the Mountain Dining Management Team to develop a strong, engaged team.
- Ensures that operations are enforcing sanitation and safety practices, complying with labor laws and company policies, and submitting monthly inventory reports.
- Responsible for financial results in all outlets, maximizing revenue, managing COS, labor, and expense to achieve overall contribution targets.
- Responsible for department strategy with revenue generation, branding of outlets, and future capital projects.
- Leads the charge in progressive menu development, pricing, recipe costing and standardization of portion controls.
- Responsible for implementation and execution of Vail Resorts F&B SOP’s and Best Practices.
- Follows company compliance requirements. Oversees the compliance of state liquor laws and all health regulations.
- Ensures the Mountain Dining department is leading the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initiatives.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of Mountain Dining facilities to meet standards for safety, cleanliness and overall appearance, inside and out (including restrooms, snow removal, and exterior signage).
- Responsible to partner with HR and finance on recruiting and hiring/workforce planning to reach desired staffing levels in order to achieve revenue and service goals.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in multi-unit, high volume, full service, fast casual, and quick service operations including front and back of the house.
- Demonstrated success within a premium, fine dining environment, understanding guest expectations on quality, service and experience.
- Strong track record of leadership growth and team development.
- Strong learning agility; enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges.
- The ability to provide successful innovation and leadership throughout change management scenarios.
- High level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to partner with colleagues and operate at a senior level.
- Must be able to comfortably ski or snowboard down blue level terrain in all conditions.
- Minimum 10 years of F&B management experience.
- ServSafe and TIPS Certifications (will be required prior to start of job).
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook experience.
- PeopleSoft, Avero & Infogenesis experience.
- Hotel, Restaurant, & Resort experience.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213349