Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
This position will be responsible for total guest satisfaction from pre-arrival contact, logistics in the bookings and reconfirmation of guests' reservations, fully acquainted with local points of interest, and coordination of guests' parcels, mail, and special deliveries. This position will communicate with guests and employees both verbally and in writing to answer questions, and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in resort details with a focus on luxury service.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Execute the flow of information to guests about hotel services, features and room amenities, answer questions, give directions and make detailed reservations or recommendations.
- Provide thorough follow-up with all guest communications.
- Able to answer overflow phone calls, check-in/out guests, research and address minor billing issues for guests in real-time, and enter thorough and complete guest notes into LMS reservation and concierge system in a timely and complete manner.
- Review all arrivals to ensure all instructions and billing requests have been addressed properly, room types are appropriate, VIP status and procedures are being followed, and alerting leadership and team of potential issues with recommendations on how to resolve for guests upon arrival.
- Respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions and restaurants, meeting rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs and company guidelines regarding preferred vendors.
- Active in the promotion of in house events and adventure programming. Help manage signup sheets, and waivers of liability, etc.
- Perform according to the RockResorts Brand Standards, and those set forth by the manager.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, and ethics in dealing with guests, co-workers, and outside vendors.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests.
- Ruthlessly prioritize time to ensure that in-house guests and future guests are receiving appropriate attention while maintaining an engaged and welcoming lobby presence. Every guest should be "Welcomed" into our space.
- Accurately bill and audit CME and other vendor charges regard to the guest folio.
- Communicate guest requests with Bell/Valet, Housekeeping, Engineering, Loss Prevention and the Loading Dock as needed using prescribed systems LMS, hotSOS, and/or directly as appropriate.
- Implements "Operation Elevation" when appropriate and oversees follow through.
- Develops strong working relationships with other department managers and directors to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Knowledge of the Vail area restaurants and attractions – Required
- Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests, fellow Executives and employees throughout the organization – Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook – Required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time - Required
- Minimum of one-year high-end guest service experience in a property of similar size and quality – Preferred
- College degree with an emphasis in Hospitality – Preferred
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211793