Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Northstar California Resort
You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Hire and onboard 65+ employees including International Staff, working closely with TAG (talent acquisition group) teams and Store Manager
- Develop a strong understanding of business trends and opportunities to utilize labor budgets effectively.
- Work with the Store Manager to prepare a labor schedule to ensure that the store goals will be met through appropriate planning and structured staffing.
- Create “seamless guest service” by making every effort to go above and beyond for our guests.
- Follow all company policies and procedures related to cash handling and cash wrap, completing daily cash and closing paperwork audits.
- Track daily attendance and daily monitoring of reported time in Peoplesoft.
- Possess a high level of understanding of the Rental Process including RPOS, Aptos POS, and Guest Connect (PSS POS)
- Coordinate administrative processes, innovate ways to streamline processes.
- Asses and evaluate staff performance in a timely and constructive manner.
- Work with the store manager to prepare for upcoming winter seasons in the summer by helping with fleet movements, receiving of new rental product, maintaining current fleet, and planning for operations.
- Work with Store Manager to ensure the right level of training is taking place to ensure all levels of the staff upholds rental standards, including guest service and guest emotions.
- Be comfortable and knowledgeable with upselling rental guests, including retail items, while driving a sales culture in line with and meeting our daily and yearly UPT (units per transaction) goals, ADS (average dollar sale) goals and sales budgets (both retail and rental).
- Minimum 3 years previous retail or rental sales experience with at least 1 year attentively utilizing the following leadership behaviors;
- Managing/Measuring workload, Decision Making, Assessing Talent, Training Others, and Conflict Management
- Minimum 1 year previous people management experience.
- Ability to delegate and communicate tasks.
- High level of personal organizational skills.
- Extreme attention to detail, conscientious worker.
- Working knowledge of computers with experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Success Factors (hiring and onboarding) and Peoplesoft (time management).
- Excellent guest service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing. Demonstrate a professional level of communication.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure yet also having the ability to work independently.
- Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for the staff
- Demonstrated flexibility on the job; ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Ability to demonstrate professional interpersonal skills and have a grasp on conflict resolution with regards to both staff and guests.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 209715