Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Are you an experienced painter looking to gain supervisory experience? Do you have experience with minor cosmetic repairs and dry wall finishing? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
In collaboration with our Painters, the Paint Supervisor is responsible for planning and implementation of painting and papering of all Company facilities, equipment and furniture, both interior and exterior. Supervise the activities of the painting crew and coordinate their efforts with other Department to achieve GTLC and Vail Resorts goals. This positions provides painting and dry wall finishing skills to maintain company facilities, furniture and fixtures. This individual is expected to clean, prep, and caulk all areas before applying paint.
Job responsibilities include for are not limited to:
- Organize and plan painting and finish projects on a daily, weekly and monthly schedule.
- Supervision of seasonal painting crew, including scheduling and monitoring of work.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of materials, equipment and tools required to perform routine tasks without delays. Identify opportunities to reduce the use of harmful chemical finishing products, including the elimination of oil-based paint products.
- Functional areas of responsibility include the painting and staining of all facilities, furniture, and equipment, both interior and exterior; wallpapering; drywall finish, repair, and texture; protection of all nearby areas which are not the subject of the current painting activity.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Prior commercial painting experience with knowledge in all phases of painting and refinishing
- Must have a valid Driver's license
- Must successfully pass a MVR (Motor Vehicle Record)
- Ability to tape and paste drywall and install wall coverings
- Capable of handling moderately strenuous physical activity
- Ability to apply spray and hand textures
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Experience with spray equipment
- Prior Supervisory experience
Normal working hours are typically between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. Our operating season is typically from early May to mid-October.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 280227