We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
The Snowmaking Maintenance Technician is a Year Round Full Time position within Beaver Creek Snowmaking Department that reports to the Snowmaking Manager. The maintenance team consists of 2 total team members that work closely together to maintain and troubleshoot Beaver Creek’s snowmaking system. During our off season dates are flexible due to weather (approx. February-August) this position is typically four 10 hour days. During our production season, (Mid-September through Mid-January weather and temperature dependent), this position along with the other team member will be expected to split their schedules to cover 7 days a week 24 hours per day overtime may be required during this time period. This will entail on call nights that will be appropriately scheduled with clear expectations and pay. This position will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of snowmaking machine rooms and facilities. This position works with high voltage, high horsepower motors, high volume water pumps and air compressors. Responsibilities also include working with motor control centers, programmable logic centers and system control software. Work includes time with large heavy equipment while being exposed to variable weather and surface conditions in a challenging high alpine environment. This position includes working closely with chemicals, glycols, cleaners, lubricants and exposure to decibel levels requiring hearing protection. Mechanical and electrical diagnostics and repair are necessary skills. You will operate company vehicles: trucks, snowmobile, ATV’s & UTV’s. Excellent communication skills are needed to work as part of a team. This position will work closely with other Mountain Operations departments such as: Grooming, Race, Ski Patrol, Lift Maintenance, Fleet Maintenance, and Lift Operations. This position has a lot of moving parts, which require intense commitment and a diverse skill set. This important role is critical to getting the ski season up and running each winter season.
This is a true “Experience of a lifetime” you will never forget!
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
• Must possess valid Driver’s license and acceptable MVR (driving record)
• Must speak, read and write fluent English
• Must adhere to Beaver Creek’s policies (conduct, ethics, grooming, safety)
• Must possess at least 3 years technical training, snowmaking experience or relevant experience
• Must safely operate company vehicles
• Must work well with others in a team environment
• Must be dependable and punctual
• Must be willing to perform menial duties as required
• Must be able to lift, pull, carry or drag 75lbs and stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays and overnight shifts
• Must possess strong leadership qualities
• Must possess a positive optimistic attitude
• Must have excellent communication skills
The budgeted range starts at $15-$26. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 344507