Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Join us now and receive an end-of-season bonus of $2/hour for every hour worked!
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, applications are still being accepted. Hiring will resume as soon as normal operations resume.
The Product Sales and Services (PSS) Supervisor is responsible for the overall guest service experience when dealing with both internal and external guests. World-class guest service focuses on quality control, increased sales generation through exceptional understanding of product offerings and scope of services throughout the resort. The supervisor will manage daily operations and communications in Summer and Winter seasons.
Responsibilities Include, (but are not limited to):
- Supervise sales and/or scanning of lift tickets/passes and/or ski & snowboard school private and group lesson products.
- Facilitate Calle Center, sales or redemption of travel agent, wholesale and advance purchase tickets, passes and ski & snowboard school products.
- Oversee guest information services, both in-person and over the phone.
- Oversee daily operation of Ticket Scanning, responsible for scanning all media verifying that each guest and employee has a valid product to access the mountain.
- Maintain professional appearance and attendance record that reflects the Vail Resorts Standards.
- Resolve guest product/ticket issues and perform refunds under guidance of management.
- Communicate professionally with internal and external guests both in-person and over the phone.
- Administer reservations for PSS products and/or on-mountain restaurants and activities.
- Required ability to troubleshoot and solve problems arising from guest dissatisfaction.
- Expand understanding of underlying computer/scanning systems and product functionality in order to efficiently answer questions and resolve issues.
- Monitor and maintain sales facilities, equipment and accompanying signage.
- Maintain appropriate office supplies including vault inventory and ensure tracked spending falls within expense budget.
- Oversee all opening/closing and sales functions in a fiscally accurate and timely manner, additionally comply with and fully implement all regulations.
- Manage administrative needs for the office, including but not limited to staff hiring and termination, employee documentation and payroll.
- Responsible for training, supervising and developing staff, while upholding company policies and procedures.
- Manage labor budget and staff schedules based upon business volume and guest service levels.
- Provide on-going job performance feedback and coaching to staff and complete mid-season and end-of-season performance appraisals.
- Create a positive and professional work environment and assist with other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent - required.
- Fluent in all aspects of English - required.
- Two years guest service experience - required.
- Ability to communicate professionally - required.
- Computer experience (Windows XP, Excel, Microsoft Word proficiency) - required.
- One year cash handling experience preferred - required.
- At least two year Product Sales and Services Department and Resort Point-of-Sale experience - preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience with Product Sales and Services Department for Vail Resorts - preferred.
- Spanish speaking ability - preferred.
- Resume required with application - required.
- Scanning: Willing to work in all weather conditions - required.
- Children's Ski and Snowboard School: A background check will be required.
Schedule: 4-5 shifts per week, shifts are 8-10 hours, including weekends and holidays.
The budgeted range starts at $17.50. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 443650