Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Base Ops Department is looking for a motivated individual to join our team, and help us maintain the plazas and facilities at the base of the mountain. This job impacts and strives to make a great first impression on our guests as they arrive to our mountain. The Base Area Attendants take care of the base areas; including maintaining trash, mowing, cleaning, maintenance, and help with event support.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Providing strong internal and external guest service while maintaining a clean and safe environment for our guests.
- Acting in a supporting role to various events throughout the year such as the Go Pro Mountain Games, Town of Vail Events, etc.
- Base area maintenance.
- Installing of fences.
- Landscaping including mowing.
- Cleaning and maintaining all trash/recycling receptacles throughout the base areas.
- Working well with other departments such as Environmental, Mountain Services, Security, and Grooming to build and maintain cohesive working relationships.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting
- The ability to drive oversize trucks and be comfortable operating vehicles in tight areas such as loading docks, parking lots, etc.
- Insuring overall cleanliness and appearance of all base areas.
- Four, 10 hour shifts in a week.
- All other duties as assigned.??????
- High School Diploma or GED- required
- Valid Driver’s License- required
- Read, Write, and Speak English Fluently- required
- Ability to Lift 75lbs – required
- Ability to Perform Physical Labor – required
- Ability to Use Hand Tools – required
- Problem Solving Skills - preferred
- Comfortable Driving Oversized Vehicles in various weather Conditions - preferred
- Expirience in a Labor Job – preferred
- Expirience in Maintenance Job - preferred
- Ability to Work Outside in Extreme Mountain Conditions- required
- Ability to Operate a Manual Transmission- preferred
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 206067