Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Housing: Not Available
- Outlet: Snowmass Village Patagonia
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round
- The budgeted range starts at $40,500 - $60,250 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Manages the overall day-to-day operation of a retail store. This position is responsible for merchandising, financial management, sales staff supervision and overall store management. Oversees hiring, training, coaching and scheduling of store personnel. Responsible for sales generation and growth, inventory control, controllable expenses, cash management, merchandising, loss prevention and store appearance.
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth
- Manage and meet labor and operational budget
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Role model and administer company policies, guidelines, core values and competencies
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, coach, and maintain a quality core staff
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies
- Train staff on POS, product knowledge, guest service, resort information, and sales
- Conduct performance appraisals for and coach development of staff on a regular basis
- Maintain all company paperwork and safety standards according to policies and standards
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Regional Manager
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 3 years of retail experience
- 2 years of management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook
- English fluency
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced sales environment
- Knowledgeable of customer service and sales techniques
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Team-building skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS systems
The budgeted range starts at $40,500 - $60,250 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 465247