We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The multi-location specific PSS Leader will lead a multi-location specific PSS team and be responsible to execute the PSS strategy through strong operational excellence, workforce management and standardized service delivery. The role will report directly to the In Resort PSS leader. The PSS location leader will be held accountable to delivering an Experience of a Lifetime for our Employees and Guests, which, in turn, will drive Vail Resorts growth and profitability around the world.
In this capacity, the In Resort PSS location Leader will be focused on scheduling, hiring, onboarding, training, performance management, development, labor optimization, day to day operations, and guest service de-escalation. Location leaders will have regular communication and partnership with the PSS Resort Leader to provide continuous feedback and improvement for the execution of the strategy in resort.
- Understand and execute on the vision, strategy and roadmap for the evolution of In-Resort Guest Service Delivery including people, processes and technology
- Foster a customer-focused environment and mindset to ensure delivery of an exceptional guest experience through all stages of the guest journey
- Develop and implement the processes and reporting necessary to manage a function and appropriate standards are in place to evaluate and optimize service delivery and service quality
- Supervise an inbound call center that markets to the public the services, programs, benefits and qualities that Vail Resorts and Whistler Blackcomb have to offer.
- Effectively communicate new and dynamically changing products, operations, procedures and policies to the call center team, including the development and maintenance of division-wide intranet resources
- Through strong communication and listening, serve as a consultative partner to resort leaders and line of business partners (Ski School, Scanning, etc) to continuously improve and scale service delivery
- Monitor labor and service trends and identify opportunities for continuous improvement to enhance processes, increase quality and reduce operating expenses
- Create a high performing team and culture focused on value creation, delivering results, guest service and leadership development for career progression.
- Support the creation of an effective Guest Services organizational culture including partnership with peers.
- Develop a high performing team by increasing the high-potential employee mix and ensuring solid succession planning.
- Oversee ongoing training of staff including the call coaching program
- Leadership qualities
- Trusted partner: possesses the technical expertise, business acumen, communication skills and good judgement to provide resort leaders with an objective and independent point of view on broader guest service issues. Has a proven track record of working well as a member of a team of leaders, an ability to influence major decisions through reasoned analysis, and good judgment about people and business issues. Able to constructively challenge and hold others accountable
- Leadership and management: demonstrated track record of leading, motivating, developing and assessing a team of high performing professionals. Leads by example, possesses a strong work ethic, is collaborative and embraces a passion and results driven leadership model. Has high self-awareness, is decisive and maintains authentic humility. Possesses energy, drive and an ability to execute. Is flexible, agile and resilient, and has the ability to adapt quickly in a rapid-paced executive level environment. Embraces personal leadership development, with an openness to stretch and pursue leadership range and flexibility.
- Passion for Vail Resorts’ business strategy and product.
- Approach & Behavior—cultural characteristics:
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where they must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in their own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- A skilled communicator and relationship builder who takes a global perspective and is able to connect with all levels and areas of the organization around the world.
- Able to engender trust and respect quickly as an organizational leader who encourages autonomous leadership in her/his team and direct reports. A strong capability builder at both the organizational level as well as the individual level.
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 397469