Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
We are looking for a Winter Seasonal, Retail Sales Associate that has experience in retail sales as well as being comfortable working with high-end ski luxury brands. Basic job duties will include; Responsible for generating sales by establishing professional and personalized rapport with customers and delivering world-class guest service. Possesses advanced knowledge of products, sales concepts, practices and procedures. Performs the most complex work within the job function, which requires extensive experience, background and/or training. Functions independently with little or no guidance. May train new and existing associate positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve customers by developing a rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of sale
- Provide customers with highest level of customer service expected for assigned department through professional, courteous and knowledgeable assistance to ensure individualized needs are met with respect to equipment, product, and/or merchandise questions
- Aid and assist other departments as needed
- Maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the business
- Complete all certifications required for position
- Carryout specific tasks while simultaneously providing guest service
- Effectively communicate product and supply needs to management
- Drive business by increasing units per transaction and average dollar per sale
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and inventory to ensure customer satisfaction to aid in building a repeat customer base
- Serve as a resource and knowledge base for new and existing employees
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of merchandise practices and inventory
- 5 years’ experience in managing staff at supervisory level.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Relevant work experience within the company required
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn
- English fluency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple customers and projects at one time
- Preferred Skills: · Merchandising
The budgeted range starts at 13.25-16.70. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Our Telluride Retail team has been providing gear and guidance since 1972, catering to those drawn to America’s Best Ski Resort. Not only does our Telluride Retail team enjoy the amazing benefits of getting to work in Telluride, CO but as part of the larger Vail Resorts family – all of our employees receive access to Telluride & the resorts that Vail Resorts operates in CO. Work with people that take customer service to the next level and cater to gear-heads and fashionistas alike. Grow your career further than you could imagine being part of the Vail Resorts family – starting with Telluride. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Requisition ID 278147