Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Guides/Instructors are responsible for creating a safe and positive environment through which guests can enjoy a fun and memorable experience.
- Outlet: Stevens Pass
- Starting Wage: $17/hr
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Part Time
What you’ll be doing:
- Teach guests of all ages (children and adults) how to ride the trails
- Strive to exceed our guests' expectations and create memorable experiences on a daily basis.
- Follow all safety procedures and policies on a daily basis and utilize appropriate PPE at all times.
- Stay up to date on local trail and bike park trail knowledge.
- Always arriving to shifts and lesson assignments on time and in uniform.
- Maintaining your own personal toolkits, first aid packs, and any resort owned bikes.
- The employee may need to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to perform the duties of this job in all weather conditions.
- Be willing to perform other tasks as assigned including, assisting guests in the rental shop, ticket scanning and leading guided hikes.
- Act as an ambassador for the Stevens Pass Bike park and other activities and services
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Previous Mountain bike instructing or coaching preferred
- Experience and enthusiasm for downhill riding and instructing others.
- Must be able to reason and react quickly with thoughtful judgement, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Must be able to mountain bike at a proficient level
- Employment in this position will be subject to a satisfactory background screening.
- Able to communicate effectively in English –required
- Demonstrate our Core Values; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun.
The budgeted range starts at $17. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 445487