Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Type: Year Round
Job Classification: Full Time
The Senior Manager of Vehicle Maintenance oversees the direction of all operations and employees within the vehicle maintenance group for the two shops operating seven days per week on Vail Mountain. This position is responsible for the various fleets used on Vail Mountain, and enforces policies, procedures, and safety guidelines, while providing direction and development to staff. This role oversees inventory control and counts, purchasing, budgeting, SOX compliance, and general compliance (OSHA, Hazmat, SDS, etc) for the department. The successful candidate will also manage and monitor all fuel and fluids storage and related transactions, as well as the management, maintenance, and disposal of the snowcat, truck, snowmobile, UTV, and heavy equipment fleets on Vail Mountain.
- Directly responsible for all staff within the department, with a focus on hiring, training and talent development, the enforcement of policies and procedures, performance management, documentation, and safety procedures.
- Provides coaching and guidance to staff. Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles, snowcats, snowmobiles, shop tools, and equipment.
- Facilitates staff meetings and ensures effective communication throughout the team.
- Directly manages goal setting, development plans, and performance management for all departmental staff.
- Coordinates scheduling for all employees to keep the shops open seven days per week, year round.
- Drives the Vehicle Maintenance culture and the overall Vail culture to create optimum engagement of employees--providing the experience of a lifetime for our staff and ensuring that they provide it for our guests.
- Build strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders outside the sphere of direct reports.
- Manage the entire Vail fleet, which includes snowcats, snowmobiles, trucks, UTVs, heavy equipment and other equipment to ensure optimal maintenance, utilization, and rotation of vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure a prioritized and cohesive process of vehicle and equipment repairs with rapid turnaround, and ensures that quality control procedures are in place and followed.
- Develop and manage the departmental and capital budgets to ensure best possible levels of fleet readiness by preparing analysis and strategies to best develop capital requests for the optimal rotation and disposal of all equipment fleets. Develop and manage capital packets for all fleet related purchases.
- Oversee and keep track of all fuel and fluid transactions. Ensure compliance, safety, updated training, OSGA, Hazmat, SDS, and fuel storage readiness for a year round operation.
- Primary point of contact for all essential fleet related vendors and internal customers to ensure strong support.
- Ensure close partnership with our grooming operation to best support operation of the fleet and resort grooming goals.
- Ensure compliance with VRI Company polices with regard to property loss, workers compensation, regulatory compliance, industry best practices, and VRI equipment operation polices.
- Direct and oversee the allocation of all equipment to various departments.
- Demonstrated leadership competency including recruitment, talent development and performance management experience.
- High school diploma.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management role of similar scope.
- Must have strong computer skills in MS Office; PeopleSoft experience preferred. Fluent in Excel.
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of industry best practices and have an understanding of a high mountain environment.
- Established skier or snowboarder, with ability to ride Green and Blue terrain. Strong intermediate skiing ability or better.
- College Degree.
- 5 years prior experience in fleet maintenance.
- Valid Driver’s License, ASE certification.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213350