Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Ski Patrol is responsible for performing guest service functions such as accident handling, administering first aid, trail maintenance, promoting and creating a safe environment for guests and employees, Opening and Closing procedures, lift evacuation, avalanche control and explosives handling.
The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting, providing medical care, and transporting injured and uninjured guests
- Provide excellent service to our guests
- Transporting and setting up supplies and equipment on skis
- Trail maintenance including marking and mitigating hazards to skiing public
- Learn avalanche mitigation techniques as well as safe explosives handling practices and procedures
- Driving snowmobiles for mountain operations
- Performing closing procedures at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Chairlift guest evacuation
- Transporting and setting up mountain safety equipment.
- May have the opportunity to attend avalanche workshops, schools, or continuing education
- Promoting guest safety through education and enforcement of the Utah Skier Safety Act.
- Must be an expert level skier – able to safely negotiate all terrain in and around the resort. All applicants must use skis, no snowboards.
- Patrollers may use alpine skis and/or telemark skis
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) certified. Must be certified by the start of ski season. Certain Wilderness First Responders (WFR) will be considered. EMTs and WFRs will be required to obtain an OEC certification during the training period at the start of the season.
- Must successfully complete a background check prior to employment.
- Must be able to successfully complete an ATF clearance.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age at beginning of the season
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends. All entry positions are full time, 5 days a week.
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must work well in a team
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance as needed.
- Must use manual dexterity to operate equipment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) required.
- Previous patrol experience - Preferred
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food and gear, including $5 meals.
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343707