Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Situated at the base of Vail Mountain within walking distance of exceptional shopping, restaurants and the Eagle Bahn Gondola, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Vail are a limited collection of 71 whole-ownership residences. From a two-bedroom home to a sprawling five-bedroom penthouse, spacious interiors exude the feel of a gracious and welcoming mountain resort home. Created by Vail Resorts Development Company and offering the legendary services of The Ritz-Carlton, an incomparable way of life awaits those who call this special place home.
As Manager for our Executive Housekeeping team we’re looking for an individual with impeccable leadership skills a key eye for detail and a passion for delivering the highest quality of cleanliness and guest satisfaction across 45 of the Ritz-Carlton Residences at Vail.
Job Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Recruitment & Onboarding; responsibility for interviewing, hiring and onboarding new members of the team.
- Training & Development; accountability for training the Housekeeping team covering Ritz-Carlton cleanliness standards, guest expectations and use of chemicals and cleaning supplies in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Scheduling; providing direction for all Housekeeping activities, monitoring house count and making staffing adjustments accordingly whilst delegating workload to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials.
- Communication; celebrates successes, recognizing team members for their contributions, ensuring the team understand all expectations and parameters of their roles, empowering the team to deliver excellent customer service, performance manage where required and address any themes or issues identified by the team.
Guest Service: role modelling exceptional guest service to the rest of the Housekeeping team, including guest follow up and reviewing rebound reports, investigating any complaints in a timely manner, evaluating corrective actions and implementing plans to resolve or de-escalate any conflicts. Emphasizing guest satisfaction through all communication to the team with a focus on continuous improvement and preparing professional correspondence to customers where applicable.
Housekeeping Operations: Ensuring that our Housekeeping team leads the charge in terms of recycling and environmental initiatives, overseeing uniform inventory management and linen inventory management, deep cleans, completing visual inspections of rooms, storage closets and all public spaces within the vicinity. Evaluating the condition of furniture and fixtures – making recommendations for any maintenance projects, tracking internal booking reports, file maintenance, owner housekeeping billing, lost and found and departmental budget. Ensuring proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing training and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with OSHA.
Relationship Building: Develops strong working relationships with other department managers and directors to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum. Working in close coordination with The Arrabelle to ensure linen is processed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of resort housekeeping experience.
- Previous supervisory or management experience in a guest service setting.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able stand for long periods of time and be able to access all areas of the resort.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish.
- College degree in a Hospitality Management program.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with IQware PMS.
What’s in it for you? Benefits include:
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 214968