Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Team Lead position for the Fleet Maintenance Shop is a supervisory position, which requires advanced shop experience on a variety of light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles, snowmobiles, heavy equipment, and snowcats, both gasoline and diesel powered. With a strong understanding of leading the day-to-day operation of a fleet maintenance shop, while typically leading/managing a group of technicians within their shift. The primary responsibility is to lead and assist technicians directly on the shop floor to ensure safe and proper diagnosis on all fleet assets, while providing training and direction to less experienced staff members. This position is also responsible for maintaining both the shop and the fleet safety standards. The team lead will also manage the day-to-day workloads in the shop for their shift and help ensure that all work is done correctly and to the highest standards for the operation.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards other departments and maintain good relationships with co-workers.
- Professional diagnosis and repair of all fleet assets and all asset mechanical and electrical systems; aid, guide, and direct the shop personnel with professional and timely repairs to minimize downtime and keep the fleet running at the highest standard.
- Provide daily supervision and oversight of all team staff and ongoing projects occurring within the fleet maintenance operation.
- Prioritize and assign jobs/tasks based on workloads and stakeholder needs to best support those stakeholder groups and maintain productivity on the shop floor.
- Assist management with; job interviews, hiring decisions and development of staff. Conduct annual performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Assist management with developing the best possible fleet management program to ensure optimal purchasing plans and the rotation of existing fleet for the best optimization and utilization of the fleet.
- Maintain and enforce safety guidelines and policies with all shop personal set forth by department and the company.
- Effectively communicate needed information to management and the shop personnel regarding processes and procedures to include shop safety, prioritizing work, and assigning tasks.
- Effectively communicate the scheduling and repair status with inter-departmental supervisors, leads, and operators.
- Participate in the development of self and co-workers by leading hands on training, attending leadership training, and sharing prior work experience to help improve the operations of Fleet Maintenance and advance the skill set of other employees.
- Demonstrate the philosophies outlined in the Vail Resorts Employee Handbook pertaining to Employee, Customer, Guest, Co-workers, and Management relations
- Assist in the tracking of fleet vehicles for cost analysis, longevity and fleet rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- High School. Some College and/or auto/diesel trade or vocational certification or degree
- 5-8 Years of Advanced Shop Experience
- 0-1 Year of experience leading a team
- Valid In State Driver License and possible CDL License (varies by location)
- Advanced Vehicle Analyzers, On Board Computer Systems, Basic Desktop/MS Office skills
- Oral and Written English Proficiency
- Provide own tool box with extensive set of hand tools and Automotive testing equipment
- Advanced Automotive Job Skills and Experience, Working Knowledge of a Fleet Maintenance Operation and Master Certification.
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 204947