Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full-time
The Senior VMWare Systems Engineer role designs, implements, and supports latest VMWare environment at the enterprise level. The ideal candidate is someone that has in-depth experience administering enterprise level virtual systems from end to end. This position is responsible for making planned improvements and continually ensure optimal systems VMWare performance, availability, integrity, and confidentiality. The position will also have ownership of other infrastructure projects and technologies within the infrastructure department and will cross train and support other members of the team. Personal responsibility, ownership, and thoughtful execution of work is paramount!
- Responsible for timely delivery of projects as assigned by Converged Infrastructure Manager
- Have the knowledge to design, build, and support a virtual environment from end to end with a proactive approach to ensure optimal operation of the environment
- As a SME, be able to exercise a deep intuitive understanding of IT fundamentals, with networking, systems, and Microsoft and Linux operating environments, including common technologies, such as DHCP, DNS, Routing, Virtualization, Authentication, etc.
- Advanced systems proficiency at all levels (Tier 1 through Tier 4 support)
- Assist in maintaining compute and storage infrastructure with a focus on virtualization, optimization, and tactical service delivery.
- Assist in maintaining enterprise compute platforms (HP Synergy, HP DL/BL, Cisco UCS), and storage array network (HP 3PAR, Nimble, Dell) following industry standard best practices and frameworks, including monitoring and ensuring data retention/protection.
- Develops procedures and conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers and services to ensure maximum platform stability, reliability, and security, including making recommendations for overall design improvements and project planning.
- Creating and maintain clearly written systems documentation for technical and/or nontechnical teams.
- Understand and comply with all current and future Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI-DSS IT standards and procedures relating to compliance-enforced systems, including support and change control.
- Support the company after-hours, weekends, and holidays in support of an on-call rotation as needed.
- BA Degree in MIS or 7 years’ experience in similar role
- Must have 8+ years of related VMWare experience in systems administration role for an enterprise with 500+ servers.
- Must have 7+ years of relevant experience with enterprise implementations of VMware clusters, with Microsoft and Linux guests, on enterprise compute and storage hardware in a design lead or architect role.
- Advanced experience with VMware including HP and Cisco blade architectures and Dell Compellent and HP Lefthand/3par SANs at he enterprise level supporting 20-50+ hosts
- VCP 5.x or 6, MCITP, Citrix CCA
- Understanding of fundamentals of common Cisco network technologies
- Availability for afterhours support and maintenance, on-call duties, including occasional travel to remote sites
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 206378