Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Mount Snow, VT
To manage the day-to-day distribution center operations by establishing and maintaining a high level of operational excellence. To provide managerial support for the Distribution Center Manager in staff management, process improvement, budget development/maintenance, and policy enforcement.
- Direct the daily work within the distribution center.
- Be responsible for the receiving, processing, and delivery of retail product through our inventory systems.
- Be responsible for inventory within the building ensuring it is accurate within our systems and run inventory counts to validate accuracy.
- Meet operational expectations by administering company policies and implementing and maintaining high logistics standards as set forth by the Distribution Center Manager and Director of Logistics.
- Participate in hiring and on-boarding of new employees - interviewing, selecting, training and setting rates of pay.
- Engage in performance management of distribution center personnel - handling employee complaints, disciplining employees, appraising employee productivity, monitoring employees' performance, and providing performance reviews.
- Coordinate daily and weekly staff meetings.
- Responsible for the accountability of all staff members (attendance, punctuality, productivity, and accuracy).
- Create, manage and monitor distribution center work schedules.
- Responsible for payroll management in the facility.
- Work with Distribution Center Manager to develop and maintain rewards and accountability tools to keep facility staff motivated and challenged.
- Encourage the development of staff members to take on more responsibility, encourage growth within the company, and increase employee retention.
- Oversee the overall organization and maintenance of the facility.
- Ensure safety and security of facility to include warehouse operations and delivery operations, eliminating the temptation of theft.
- Maintain all SOX compliance regulations.
- Maintain good relationships with internal warehouse staff, store management/personnel, and corporate office personnel.
- Be able to perform all aspects of the distribution center operations including receiving, data entry, order processing, picking, auditing, shipping, delivery, replenishment and merchandise return.
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work Experience: 2 years retail/rental and/or distribution center experience.
- Supervisory Experience: 3 years of management experience.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Teams).
- Language Skills: English fluency.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task.
- Work a flexible schedule; distribution center hours vary depending upon location, season, and type of distribution center. This could include weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledgeable of warehouse distribution systems and processes.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Strong operational skills in a customer service environment.
- Team-building skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Ability to lift a 50-75lbs regularly.
- JDA AS400 inventory system experience.
- RF scanner experience.
Mount Snow makes everyone feel like family, guests and employees alike. With consistent, high-ratings on the friendly staff, why wouldn’t you want to join the camaraderie? Join our team and help us share ultimate mountain adventures with our guests. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211227