With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Bartender Mixes and serves various ordered drinks. Collects payment for drinks if served directly to guests. Maintains bar and supplies in clean and orderly condition. May assist in taking periodic inventories.
- Outlet: Lodge at Big Springs
- Tipped Position
- Full & Part Time
- Greet customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Use jiggers when pouring all alcohol
- Take beverage orders and make the correct item and collect correct payment.
- Quickly and efficiently make drink orders of 5 or more drinks at a time.
- Provides clean work station including taking out trash, bussing of tables, dish washing, and stocking.
- Complete weekly cleaning tasks
- Stock bar with supplies and maintain freshness of products.
- Drive and increase sales through up selling techniques and delivering great guest service.
- Responsible for not serving alcohol who is under 21 years of age. Must use the proper techniques to card and identify the age of patrons that appear to be under 30 years of age.
- Follow TIPS training and responsible for not service patrons that appear to be intoxicated.
- Keep bar stocked.
- Make supervisors aware of any item of which stocks are low.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent - required.
- At least 1 year of previous bartending or hospitality experience - required.
- Must have or obtain valid TIPS certification upon employment (will provide training) - required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Benefits include:
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 438749