Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Housekeeper is expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Hospitality, Environmental, and Health and Safety. You have specific responsibilities within these areas and are expected to understand them. The housekeeper is responsible for the cleaning of guest rooms and cottages in an assigned area according to training procedures. You will also be engaging to guests and visitors alike. Equally as important, you are here to have some fun too!
This is a summer position. This position starts Mid-June through October 5th. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season.
The Housekeeper responsibilities at Jackson Lake Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Comply with the 10 step cleaning process for cleaning a guest room to ensure that the room has been thoroughly sanitized before new arriving guests stay
- Thoroughly clean bathrooms according to procedure – including scrubbing floors, showers, toilets, and fixtures daily
- Change bed linen and make beds according to procedure- including changing all linens on two queen sized beds per room in each room
- Dust furniture and fixtures in rooms according to cleanliness standards
- Empty wastebaskets
- Replace missing guestroom supplies and clean and re-stock coffee and tea service
- Vacuum guestrooms thoroughly
- Responsible for cleaning assigned rooms daily within allotted time frame and with quick productivity
- Report to housekeeping by 8:00 a.m. each morning dressed in the company issued uniform
- Report rooms needing maintenance work
- Carry towels, linens, toiletries and cleaning supplies using a wheeled cart
- Respond to guest inquiries with the appropriate answers, find out the answer if you’re unsure and follow up with the guest quickly
- Have daily inspections of your rooms made by management and ensure that all cleanliness standards are met, go back and make corrections if standards are not met
- Expected to finish all of your rooms before 4pm in the same day to ensure that all rooms are ready for arriving guests at the front desk
- Must be able to work outside in all conditions
- Other duties as assigned
The Housekeeper position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Previous hotel/hospitality experience – Preferred
- Strong communication skills - Required
- Ability to perform well under pressure – Required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs - Required
- Attention to detail - Required
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 298607