Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
***Please note this position does not start until the 2021/2022 Ski Season***
An application to this position is used to screen candidates for our Ski Patrol Tryouts for Beaver Creek Resort. Tryouts are mandatory to be interviewed for this position.
Must provide own lift ticket. Those who pass test in am will be invited to a short interview in the afternoon. Helmets required.
- Report to Ski Patrol PHQ (top of Chair 8 Cinch Express) by 9:00am on day of ski test.
- You must be able to attend either one of these dates: FEBRUARY 20TH OR FEBRUARY 28TH
Ski Patrol is responsible for performing guest service functions such as accident handling, administering first aid, trail maintenance, promoting and creating a safe environment for guests and employees, mountain sweeps, lift evacuation, avalanche control and explosives handling. The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and promoting guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions
- Assisting injured guests on the mountain and administering first aid
- Transporting injured guests off the mountain using a toboggan
- Performing sweeps at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Maintaining trails, such as removing trees that have fallen on runs utilizing a chainsaw or other equipment
- Transporting and setting up mountain safety equipment
- Transporting supplies and heavy equipment to areas of need on skis
- Avalanche control including safely transporting and placing explosives on the mountain and stabilizing snowpack and cornice edges on skis
- Driving snowmobiles to various areas of the mountain, as needed
- Enforcement of the Colorado Ski Safety Act and Resort Policies
- Chairlift guest evacuation
Must have the following:
- Able to do ski test with current BC Ski Patrol before the end of 2018/2019 season.
- Applicants may use alpine skis or telemark skis. No Snowboards.
- Must be an expert level skier in all conditions
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must use manual dexterity to operate equipment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must possess basic computer skills/knowledge
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must work well in a team
- Previous patrol or experience at a Vail Resort mountain resort - Preferred
- Resume appreciated
The budgeted range starts at 13.25 - 15.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 283255