Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Housing: Not Available
- Outlet: Grand Summit Hotel, Park City's Canyons Village
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round (Weekends & Holidays)
The Grand Summit Hotel, a Rock Resort Hotel, sits majestically in the heart of Park City's Canyons Village. This property is a combination of beautiful design, exceptional ski-in/ski-out location, attentive service, and livable luxury. It has the variety to suit the most diverse families and groups, with 350 lodging options including hotel rooms, studios, 1/2/3 bedroom suites, and expansive luxury penthouses.
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper supervises and coordinates activities of room attendant, house person, public area attendants and floor supervisors. The Assistant Executive Housekeeper assists in the managing and directing of the day–to–day operations of all Housekeeping functions. Participates in and enforces quality assurance for Housekeeping Department and department cost control measures.
- Should have an eye for detail and the ability to effectively deal with guests, other departments and housekeeping staff.
- Executes IQware Opening procedures—this includes assigning out all housekeeping services to room attendants, houseperson, inspectors and supervisors.
- Distributes the Room assignment sheet and floor keys to the housekeeping team during morning stand up.
- Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination with the Front Office and other departments of the hotel.
- Inventories cleaning supplies & linen stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Investigates concerns regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Provides support to the Executive Housekeeper in all areas of Housekeeping operation, such as staff training, coaching, and also enforces hotels standard operating procedures.
- Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
- Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Assists in controlling expenses by the housekeeping department.
- Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in: 1) the guest rooms 2) linens and uniforms 3) lost and found procedures 4) public area.
- Attend to any guest complaints and take service recovery measures if required.
- Review the housekeeping points on the guest feedback forms, take actions on guest complaints and also share guest compliments with staff members.
- Prepare annual housekeeping budget.
- Submit requests for repair and periodic maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Monitor par stock on all housekeeping guest supplies and linens.
- Select, staff, recruit, hire, and train qualified housekeeping candidates.
- Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports. May prepare reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Orient and familiarize new personnel with hotel facilities and operating hours.
- Control all expenditures relating to Housekeeping, including labor, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Oversee any guest communications from housekeeping.
- Hotel management diploma or equivalent experience. Required.
- Minimum 2 years housekeeping experience in a supervisory capacity, 2 years line level experience in all aspects of the Housekeeping department.
- Ability to deal with guests and personnel in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, bend, squat, etc.
The budgeted range starts at $40,000 - $46,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 457647