Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
In this dynamic role, the Lift Residences Building Maintenance Assistant Manager is responsible for leading safety, employee engagement, budgeting, capital projects, work planning, and stakeholder engagement for the engineering department servicing Lift Residences. Join the team and enjoy perks such as a Free Epic Pass for yourself & your dependents, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401-k, Hotel, Restaurant, and Retail/Rental discounts, free leadership classes, career development opportunities, and so much more!
· Lead employee and guest safety efforts in conjunction with the Hospitality Engineering Manager.
· Create department budgets; track and report on performance against them.
· Develop leaders within the organization to improve leadership within current roles, and to prepare for increased responsibility and succession.
· Directly manage the establishment of goals and development plans, and the evaluation of performance for direct reports.
· Build strong, positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders outside of direct reports.
· Lead a Preventative Maintenance program to ensure standards are met across Lift Residences.
· Manage planning processes for maintenance and project work through on-going intra and inter-departmental communication and cooperation.
· Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the Epic Service standards while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
· Plan and carry out maintenance and repair tasks as part of regular inspections which include but are not limited to motors, pumps, gear boxes, boilers, chillers, and general equipment as needed.
· Actively participate in meetings and email discussions with the board of directors regarding the maintenance and capital improvement of Lift Residences
· Actively participate in best practice groups.
· Prioritize and adapt in a constantly changing business and environmental setting.
· Oversee and/or manage capital projects for Lift Residences.
· Implement OSHA, EPA and ADA guidelines and programs. Abide by all safety rules and regulations per corporate policies, and State and Federal codes.
· Other duties as assigned
· Valid driver’s license.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and work order software.
· Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with a variety of company personnel and customers across various departments.
· Ability to work within inclement weather conditions.
· Ability to prioritize and drive key initiatives.
· Experience in trades (HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and plumbing)
· College degree preferred.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 285811