Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Bell Captain is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Bell/Valet team. This will include the responsibility of overseeing the safe and efficient relocation of guest’s automobiles to designated parking locations. This individual is also responsible for ensuring the timely delivery and retrieval of guest’s luggage by all team members. This position will assign and instruct Bell/Valet team members in details of work, observe/assist in performance and encourage adherence to standard operating procedures. The Bell Captain is also responsible for training, scheduling, and visually monitoring performance of all employees.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions and restaurants, meeting rooms according to individual needs
- Timely delivery and retrieval of luggage, amenities, faxes, letters, newspapers, flowers, boxes and various items to the guest rooms.
- Maintaining a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics in dealing both with guests, co-workers and subordinates.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, despite how busy or the time of day.
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
- Ensuring good safety practices of guests throughout the hotel, and proper emergency and safety procedures are followed.
- Must follow division grooming standards
- Ensures the Bell desk and adjacent public areas are kept in pristine condition
- Will oversee ski valet and all luggage storage and organization.
- Responsible to ensure all employees are following proper procedures, company policies have completed daily checklists.
- Assist with scheduling bell team.
- Payroll - ensures all tips are enter correctly, manage timesheet.
- Participate in safety driving training.
- At least 1 year of previous customer service - required
- Hotel experience - required
- Valid US Driver's license with satisfactory driving record - required
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle
- At least 21 years old - required
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Must be willing to work overnight shift, holidays, and weekends
- Must be able to lift 100lbs continuously during an 8hr shift
- At least 3 months supervisor experience - required
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 208375