If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Tournant Job Description
The Tournant is the leader on the line able to effectively run a variety of stations in a fast paced culinary environment. They must be able to prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls. They will assist in prepping, organizing and running all banquet operations. They will help to receive food and dry goods for the kitchen and properly account for such deliveries. This position is in charge of keeping all coolers and walk-ins neat and clean, properly storing and covering all food items and rotating products for freshness. They will also help the Chef(s) maintain all par levels for the kitchen(s).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality culinary experience possible while maintaining a profitable and environmentally aware department.
- Exhibiting a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all co-workers, managers and guests.
- Working as a part of a cohesive culinary/kitchen team.
- Ensuring that the stewarding dept has closed down properly at the end of their shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years culinary experience
- Previous supervisory experience helpful
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Culinary degree/certification - Preferred
- Current certification in state Professional Food Handler Program - Preferred
The budgeted range starts at 15-26. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 420732