Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Directs and controls all aspects of the Hotel/Condo/properties maintenance, insuring high standards and fiscal responsibility. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance of all properties. Performs maintenance tasks in areas requested by the staff such as guest’s rooms, lobby, public areas, parking areas, mechanical work, and electrical work within the rooms, public areas and pool/spa areas. Provides Lodging Facilities/Properties maintenance self-motivated independent trade level trouble shooting, corrective and preventative maintenance services, is sought out by owners and associations board members for advice on improvements and association affairs. Insures that all employees are trained properly and preforming to the standards of the Lodging Division.
- Professionally manages the Association financial budgets and monitors financial statements. Helps to develop capital improvement plans and manages capital improvement projects. Helps prepare association budgets as well as CBMR staffing budgets. Controls expenses and revenues in order to meet budget objectives.
- Selects trains and supervises the Assistant maintenance manager and all maintenance staff insuring consistency in service quality and standards.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with individual department/facility leaders in order to develop a good understanding of the way their facilities can best be serviced. Ensures that the quality of maintenance, repairs, and remodeling of all buildings, grounds and systems is kept at the expected standards of the Ownership of the resort and any other related parties.
- Interacts with owners and guests professionally and efficiently. Works well with owners to insure completion of requested projects. Addresses owner and guest concerns and looks for ways to successfully resolve these issues.
- Preforms all related duties as assigned or requested with complete communication, documentation, follow up and financial understanding.
- Operate and maintain pool, spa and related equipment. Maintain building water systems including but not limited to boilers, fire sprinklers, toilets and sinks. Maintains building lighting systems such as incandescent and fluorescent lights, timers, emergency special requests.
- Preforms repairs to drywall, ceiling, roof, electrical and other carpentry repairs.
- Supervise and assist other engineers and maintenance departments as necessary.
- Responds to and investigates fire alarms, reports of vandalism and general misuse of facilities.
- Complete proper documentation of all maintenance tasks preformed.
- Preforms all other related duties as assigned or requested including obeying safety policies and procedures and attending safety trainings.
- 4-6 years’ experience in property maintenance or trades i.e. carpentry, electrical, drywall required.
- Knowledge of standard business and contracting practices required.
- Ability to operate proficiently in all Microsoft Office suite and the ability to keep records of billed hours, emails, etc.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- This position requires a Background Check.
The budgeted range starts at $55,000 - $70,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 392747