Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Location: Grand Teton National Park, WY
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Do you have a passion for the outdoors and an interest in working and living in a National Park? Do you have prior sales and/or hospitality and travel industry experience? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered “Yes” to these questions, this position might be a great fit for you!
The Group Sales & Services Manager is responsible for selling and servicing various types of group meetings and events at the property to achieve budgeted revenue, room night, and service goals. Areas of responsibility include the development of an annual group sales plan under the guidance of the DOSM, responding to incoming sales leads and generating/negotiating contracts, serving as the primary point of contact for booked groups, coordinating all group functions, maintaining strong relationships with clients to drive loyalty, and collaborating with hotel operations departments to ensure the success of all group programs.
The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and carries out annual group sales plan under the direction of the DOSM to support overall company objectives.
- Qualifies potential group business, provides information, generates proposals, and negotiates/executes group sales contracts.
- Monitors, tracks and reports on group business pacing and forecasts; maintains awareness of the overall business pacing, and understands how group efforts support companywide business objectives and needs.
- Works closely with clients and internal stakeholders/departments to successfully plan and execute all aspects of group functions. Related tasks include upselling, creating floorplans and banquet event orders (BEOs), distributing group information across departments, scheduling and conducting pre-conference meetings.
- Supervises daily functions in-season, ensuring events are on-time and successful, and that GTLC is delivering what was contracted.
- Handles group service issues and works with clients and internal departments (ops, accounting, etc.) as needed to achieve resolution.
- Supervises seasonal Catering & Conference Services Coordinator and Convention Setup Supervisor.
- Ensures complete and accurate information on all prospective, tentative and definite groups is input into Delphi. Updates existing group details and maintains accurate information on all accounts.
- Consistently communicates with leadership on group business status, client/guest issues, projects and tasks; discusses challenges and opportunities; proactively seeks out and accepts guidance and support; delivers work on time, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Controls use of meeting spaces, and works with internal departments to support internal meetings and events
- Limited business travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The right person for this role will possess the following minimum requirements:The right person for this role will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Hospitality management degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in convention services/meetings and events management
- 2-3 years of management/leadership experience with direct reports
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills to include all MS Office applications
- Excellent speaking voice and formal phone etiquette are necessary
- Experience making public presentations
The following skills/experience are helpful but not required:
- 1-3 years of hotel/resort sales experience preferred
- Familiarity with Delphi/Delphi FDC, SalesForce preferred
- Familiarity with hotel reservation/PMS systems helpful
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 349567