We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Position Status: Full time, Seasonal (October 25th, 2021 – April 17th, 2022)
Note: Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as they have predefined start dates and end dates. These dates may vary due to seasonal business fluctuations.
Position Summary: Whistler Adaptive Ski/Ride Program is a not-for-profit program, which provides adaptive skiing/snowboarding opportunities to people with disabilities at Whistler/Blackcomb. The position of Program Supervisor is responsible for daily operations of the program which includes management of both paid & volunteer staff.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND EVALUATION
- To schedule all lessons and volunteers appropriately and oversee smooth running of the day to day operations
- To oversee the maintenance of all program equipment.
- To provide monthly statistical reports to the Manager of Adult Snow School and Whistler Adaptive Ski Program Management Team.
- To establish, maintain and improve upon administrative systems and financial record keeping.
- To continually strive to exceed our Guest’s expectations – create an experience of a life time.
- To work in cooperation with the WASP, Whistler Blackcomb and DSABC to achieve program performance objectives.
- To make recommendations on policies and procedures that will improve outcomes for clients with disabilities and service provision.
- To work in a manner that enhances the reputation of Whistler Adaptive Ski Program
- To ensure the quality and safety of the program.
RECRUITMENT, LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS
- To provide training and supervision for staff & volunteers.
- To assist in the recruitment, induction and training of all staff & volunteers.
- To provide advice, leadership and direction to staff & volunteers
- To ensure staff & volunteers are aware of the line of responsibility and accountability as guided by the Whistler Adaptive Ski Program, WB and DSABC policies and procedures. To work with the policies and procedures committee to update and implement all program policies.
- To provide support for the professional development of all staff & volunteer instructors
- To ensure all volunteers feel they are considered as valued contributors to the program.
LIAISON WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS/AGENCIES AND ORGANISATIONS
- To educate Whistler Blackcomb staff regarding Whistler Adaptive Ski Program and skier/rider needs.
- Assist in the promotion of the program in the local community and further afield.
- Support the fundraising efforts and sponsorship initiatives.
- We are a company that works together and throughout the season you may be required to assist other departments as needed.
- Bright, confident and outgoing person with proven administrative management experience
- Qualifications and relevant work experience in either the public and private sector
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, problem solving, and computer skills
- The ability to deal with challenging situations
- A strong understanding of therapeutic and recreational issues related to people with disabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior written/verbal communication skills
- To be a team player who is prepared to work in a demanding and dynamic work environment
- A Degree and/or relevant qualifications in this field. Previous experience in working in the area of specialist recreational programs for people with disabilities is an asset.
- Experience in the leadership of volunteers and the management of a community program.
- Practical experience in fields related to people with disabilities.
- Administrative experience including previous program planning, fundraising and partnership building an advantage.
- Competent skier/snowboarder and knowledge of other winter recreational skills.
- Teaching/guiding certification such as CADS (Canadian Association of Disabled Skiers) Level 1 and CSIA certification an asset.
- Working local knowledge of Whistler Blackcomb an asset
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 347027