Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The bartender provides friendly and courteous service of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and food to guests and servers, while following state laws and corporate guidelines.
- Starting Wage: $20 / hour
- “If hired into a tipped position, guaranteed to make a minimum of $20 / hour inclusive of tips”
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time and Part Time
- Ensures smooth, efficient and sanitary bar operations, as well as cash handling and providing change for the servers.
- Must be knowledgeable in the preparation of various alcoholic beverages including mixed drinks, wine, and beer.
- Must be knowledgeable in the preparation of all food and alcohol menu items.
- Must maintain stock levels throughout the day.
- Learns the names and personally recognizes regulars and members.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Clear and reset tables in bar area.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Be available to fill in as needed as a server to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- At least 2 years previous bartending experience preferably in a fine dining restaurant - required.
- Must have or obtain valid TIPS certification upon employment (will provide training) - required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
The budgeted range starts at $20. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 476307