Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Work with Terrain Park Manager to receive directives on daily operational goals and tasks to be carried out. Implement the daily goals and tasks with Terrain Park Attendant Crew, and oversee the completion of aforementioned items as the supervisor.
As the Terrain Park Lead, this individual must also perform the daily duties alongside crew members in order to lead by example. It is a labor intensive position responsible for construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of all features. The Lead must act as an ambassador for terrain park etiquette, safety awareness and guest relations. Daily responsibilities include opening and closing the terrain park, computer logging, ensuring all signage is visible, testing features and assessing risk and liability. The Lead Terrain Park Attendant will provide exceptional guest service and work outdoors in all weather conditions for the entire day.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Frequent raking and shoveling of all snow and jib features.
- Assist in construction and installation of various types of park features.
- Daily inspection and maintenance of all park features.
- Communication, via radio, with Ski Patrol to report injuries.
- Complete projects as assigned by Park Manager or Foreman.
- Contribute feedback on park layout and feature design.
- Set a positive example and motivate crew by displaying strong work ethic.
- Educating guests on Terrain Park safety and etiquette.
- Building and repairing rails, boxes, jibs, etc.
- Communicate with park operators regarding maintenance needs.
- Daily Park Log entry and updates.
- Event venue construction. Includes building scaffolding, installing fence, tents, banners, etc.
- Maintaining various Snowsports School on-mountain attractions.
- Fence/barrier maintenance; trash and snow removal.
- Install and maintain park closures and signage.
- Facility cleaning duties at least one time per week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to, and sometimes more than, 50lbs - required.
- Ability to stand outside in all weather conditions, for 8+ hours per day - required.
- Ability to ski/ride outside in all weather conditions, for 8+ hours per day - required.
- Ability to be ready, fit for work, as early as 6:30am each day - required.
- Ability to direct and hold crew members accountable.
- Valid US Driver's License - required.
- Ability to work with power tools (cordless drills, grinders, chainsaw, etc.) - required.
- Basic computer navigation skills and ability to use Windows-based programs - required.
- Must be a level 8 skier/rider and be able to pass a ski test - required.
- Must have minimum two seasons work experience as a Terrain Park Attendant - required.
The budgeted range starts at $15.00-$16.70. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 331648