Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Broomfield, CO
The Senior Manager of Converged Infrastructure is responsible for establishing the vision, strategy and team skillset that results in the effective delivery of all internally managed systems, cloud-based infrastructure and 3rd party services used across the Vail Resorts enterprise. This position will lead the development of collaborative relationships with Vail Resorts IT and business leaders in order to drive our infrastructure transformation agenda and corporate strategy.
As the leader of the Converged Infrastructure team the individual must gain a deep understanding of how the business operates, including the drivers for success and key challenges. The individual must translate this understanding into a clear roadmap to manage and balance transactional operations, day-to-day relationships, and strategic demands.
The successful candidate will have a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations and solid technical infrastructure experience including architecture, engineering, and cloud deployments. In addition, we are looking for a candidate with strong project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills.
This position reports to the Director of Core Infrastructure and will be a key member of the IT Infrastructure Leadership team.
- Visionary leadership, direction, and team development for the Converged Infrastructure team
- Architecture, engineering, and service delivery of Converged Infrastructure services, including data centers, networking, firewalls, Microsoft platforms, Azure, Office365, virtual applications and clients
- Collaboration and building partnerships with business units and technology teams to understand and meet service requirements and expectations
- Management of projects, budgets, service catalog, and technology roadmaps
- Demonstrate an unyielding passion for the employee experience, culture, mission and vision. Lead by example and inspire others to follow
- Empower team members and develop talent through coaching and evaluation of performance, and alignment to corporate professional development program and company growth
- Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to Vail Resorts and this role. Leverage own expertise to challenge the status quo and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve our business processes and related technology
- Expert recommendations based on strong end-to-end understanding of existing systems and frameworks combined with a strong understanding of emerging technologies
- Converged Infrastructure service delivery model, and capacity planning tools and processes to better meet the company’s expectations and global growth
- IT process improvement, with a focused pursuit on automation and proactive communication to a diverse stakeholder group
- Ownership and accountability of the Converged Infrastructure team in support of business objectives and supporting IT initiatives
- Adherence to compliance requirements (e.g., SOX, PCI, security policies)
- Security processes within the Converged Infrastructure team in support of the company’s security practices
- Improve and support change management process in conjunction with application teams, Field Service and business stakeholders
- 5+ years of supervisory and leadership experience, and relevant work experience, including proven ability to successfully lead and oversee critical projects and cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to drive strategy, vision, direction, and prioritization on enterprise-wide projects and programs at the leadership level
- Manage initiatives from concept through to completion, including the development and presentation of a business case
- Infrastructure architectural and engineering leadership; IT project and budget management
- Strong experience leading and supporting production infrastructure systems and services
- Demonstrated experience building collaborative partnerships at every level of IT and the business
- Consistently demonstrated growth in skills & leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Technology or related field
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of key concepts in ITIL, SDLC, DevOps, automation, microservices, and cloud services
- Developing tools, dashboards, and reporting of Infrastructure services
- Microsoft Azure experience and certifications; building and managing a hybrid cloud
- Experience running multi-datacenter and hybrid-cloud operations on a global level
- Strong vendor and contract management leadership
The budgeted range starts at $112,300 - $140,400 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213387