Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
The position of Lead Groomer assists Grooming Manager with all needs of the department. As a Grooming Lead, it is essential to manage/lead staff and delegate duties to their completion. The Lead position is also responsible for, but not limited to:
- Daily grooming.
- Running all grooming related equipment.
- Training and coaching personnel on daily operations and safety policies
- Coordinating repairs, maintenance of equipment, and communicating with others internally and externally
- Read instruments and identify hazard warnings in snow cats and identify obstacles and hazards
- Ensures compliance with all Risk Management, health and safety protocols
- Efficiently use time with machinery and tools
- At least 3 years experience in cat operations
- Knowledge of risk management - Required
- Valid & Current Drivers license
- Advanced Skiing/Snowboarding ability - Preferred
- Strong Leadership skills - Required
- Able to work in a guest service environment and appear professional at all times – Required
- Communicate effectively with other members of the team – Required
- Able to work all shifts at any given time, including weekends and holidays – Required
- Work outside of a snowcat in inclement and adverse weather conditions - Required
- Able to safely operate Winch Cats - Preferred
- Working in a guest relations position – Preferred
- Familiarity with the mountain - Preferred
- Welding/fabrication experience - Preferred
- Heavy machine experience - Preferred
Other position considerations:
- Physical demands - performing the duties of this job may include walking or stepping on uneven, often icy surfaces and working in elevation, on steep slopes.
- Work environment - demands while performing the duties of this job may include regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions, of which may include hiking in deep snow. The noise level in the work place is usually loud.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Prior to offer, must complete driving records verification.
- The ability to ski or ride advanced terrain.
- Winch ability for Intermediate classification
- Knowledge of Park City’s trail network.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 361067