If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
The Bar-Back position is responsible for being a friendly and helpful support staff to the bartender. The Bar-Back is responsible for keeping station clean and well stocked throughout the day. Must enjoy working with guests. The successful candidate will assist the bartender in stocking beer, liquor and wine as well as all supplies needed in the bar work station; Assists management with product ordering needs; Monitor liquor costs and minimize waste; Provide consistent, excellent one on one guest service to our guests. This position involves controlling pour costs, controlling alcohol security, proper service to guests, as well as, product ordering and inventory. Guest service is the most valuable component of this position.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working knowledge of liquor, beer and wine; Heavy lifting of kegs, cases of product, etc.; Maintain a clean and neat workplace and dining room area; Daily cleaning and side work duties.
- Educational Requirements: HS Diploma or GED
- Communication Requirements: Ability to speak, read and communicate clearly in English.
- Excellent guest service skills: Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year.
- Cash handling experience is preferred in order to assist when needed
- Ability to work in an outdoor, snowy environment; Shoveling snow will be required
- Ability to work in a loud environment
- Previous food and beverage experience
TIPS certification – Required upon employment
The budgeted range starts at $12.32-$15.00+Tip's. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343847