Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Are you an experienced housekeeper with supervisory experience? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park, while additionally enjoying a multi-cultural work environment? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for directly supervising the housekeeping operations in addition to monitoring the daily productivity and schedule for the housekeeping division. They handle payroll, scheduling and ordering along with delegating to the assistant managers as needed. This person also handles training and re-training of the housekeeping staff. They will also help inspect rooms and clean as needed. Equally as important, they are here to have some fun too!
The Executive Housekeeper responsibilities at Jackson Lake Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews daily assignments of housekeeping inspectors and room attendants
- Orders supplies through our procurement system and ensures timely/accurate receiving
- Lead initial presentation of the training programs and future follow-up on site
- Promotes open communications between assistant managers, area supervisors and their personnel
- Works closely with assistant managers and inspectors in their areas to ensure established standards and procedures are met both from a company and National Park perspective
- Recommends commendations, promotions and disciplinary action of employees along with coordinating and escalating to Rooms Division manager and HR as needed
- Ensures that accurate and timely information on room status is communicated to the front office and that proper documentation is maintained
- Handles paper work and information flow of the department, which includes lost and found, room reports and housekeeping assignments
- Ensures that work is exceeding National Park and Brand standards by conducting frequent daily inspections of all staff
- May perform work as a housekeeper, inspector or houseman, understands and is able to train employees on all roles within the department
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Reviews initial stock of housekeeping supplies in the linen rooms and prepares requisitions for the housekeeper's approval
- Keeps the Rooms Division Manager and necessary management informed of any problems
- Ensures that all company policies and procedures are being followed by personnel under his or her supervision
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies, ensuring proper labeling of chemicals and adherence to OSHA regulations
- Inspects rooms daily for maintenance and cleanliness issues
- Walks property throughout day to ensure that all staff is being followed up with
- Inspects the inspectors work for quality
- Understands productivity requirements of housekeepers and ensures that all employees are meeting requirements
- Other duties as assigned
The Executive Housekeeper position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience in a housekeeping position - Required
- Previous experience in hospitality – Required
- Previous supervisory experience - Required
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English - Required
- Strong communication skills - Required
- Ability to perform well under pressure - Required
- Valid US Driver’s License – Preferred
- Knowledge of a property management system (Visual One desirable)
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as free staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 203636