Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Ski and Ride School Amplitude Plus (A+) Certified Instructor is responsible for coaching the Amplitude Plus (A+) which is an intermediate/advanced all-mountain (bumps, glades, steeps, powder, Terrain Park) seasonal program that fosters camaraderie between the athletes and coaches alike. The program runs on weekends and holidays from mid-December through the end of March.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a caring, sensitive, mentoring attitude toward our guests.
- Ability to ski or snowboard and stand for long periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge and awareness of the environment. Must make sound teaching decisions based on temperature, weather & terrain conditions and athlete fatigue levels.
- Should be flexible in response to changing class assignments.
- Must maintain strong personal appearance standards.
- Supervise athletes during lunchtime hours.
- Able to attend both on-snow and off-snow clinics for professional improvement
- Attend clinics as required.
- Must be knowledgeable of the ski area for the public.
- Adhere to strict corporate policy regarding wearing a snow sports specific helmet while skiing/riding or teaching/coaching in uniform.
- Understand, lead and model safety standards within the department for yourself and others; contribute to our culture of Health and Safety to meet Zero Workman’s Comp safety goal.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervisors.
- Must be an advanced, all mountain skier/rider required
- PSIA/AASI Freestyle Specialist 1 preferred
- Must possess park and freeride competency in whatever snow sport they wish to coach (skiing or snowboarding)
- Previous experience in teaching/coaching/mentoring children preferred
- Successfully pass background check required
Time Commitment: Selected candidates must be available both weekend days throughout the season and flexible through the holiday break periods (December 26-January 1, February 15-22).
Training: Successful completion of New Hire training (two days plus one day of shadowing) is a prerequisite for hiring.
Compensation: Instructors are paid for the hours that they actually teach or perform specific tasks requested by a supervisor. Pay rates are determined by your experience in teaching skiing and/or snowboarding.
Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
Discount lift tickets for friends and family
Free ski lessons
Daily $5 employee meal
Discounted lodging, food, gear, and mountain shuttles
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions) after achieving 750 hours with the company
401(k) Retirement Plan employer contribution after achieving 750 hours with the company
Training and professional development
We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 219807