Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
The Front Office Manager coordinates the Front Office operations of the Lodge at Mountaineer Square or The Grand Lodge. The FOM ensures that each guest and owner receives personalized and welcoming guest service, from arrival to departure, and addresses any guest service issues as appropriate. This includes direct supervision of the Front Office operations which includes front desk staff, bellman, and night audit. She/he recruits, hires, trains and provides ongoing coaching to staff to provide excellent guest service while following all hotel and front office policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and tenacious problem solver willing to put the guest first in all things. He/she will possess strong guest service and professional bearing, a positive personality, be a problem solver, able to multi-task, possess good financial acumen, and work diligently to improve the work place for employees and guests.
The FOM should be a team player who not only trains and motivates his/her Front Office team but also is willing to work closely and assist FOMs at other CBMR Properties. The FOM should conduct oneself with safety in mind and undertake all job requirements in a manner which will guarantee a safe environment for oneself, guests and fellow associates.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, training, coaching and empowering Front Desk staff in Hotel Front Office operations, guest service, guest security and safety at the Lodge at Mountaineer Square or the Grand Lodge.
- Ensure Front Office staff follow all Front Office and hotel policies and procedures, including guest service, booking policies, POS, guest security, accuracy of billing, hazard and safety plans. Address and correct any training issues immediately.
- The FOM is expected to provide exemplary guest service to all guests at all times and to ensure a satisfactory guest arrival and departure experience for guests and homeowners. This includes reviewing Front Office guest service scores on a weekly basis, achieving survey goals, addressing any service issues with staff, and coaching staff to provide guest service that provides and experience of a lifetime while following guest service protocol. This also includes working with the General Manager to alter policies and procedures as needed to provide excellent guest service.
- Responsible for adhering to and managing labor budget for front desk agents, bellman, and night audit.
- Follow up on accounting and reservations billing issues and resolve daily.
- Review hotel inventory on a weekly basis. Be aware of hotel occupancy at least one month out. Communicate with other lodging managers any sell-out or over-sold dates, special requests, VIP arrivals, etc. Address with revenue manager any oversold issues. Provide guidance to group sales on availability of inventory for group blocks.
- Monitor comp room count report and manage assignment of comps to specific units.
- Responsible for owner and owner guest arrival and departure experience, including inspecting unit, addressing any concierge requests, checking in /out owners whenever possible and in general ensuring that each owner receives excellent guest service throughout their stay.
- Responsible for reservation room assignments, including ensuring that all guest requests are met, accuracy of room assignments, addressing and resolving any double-booking issues, communicating last-minute room changes to housekeeping. Manage Revenue Equalization program to ensure revenue is spread equally among owners of like units.
- The FOM is responsible for processing owner and owner guest reservation requests, the owner arrival experience and the accurate posting of room revenue to owner statements. The FOM does address owner questions regarding revenue equalization, availability of unit, and provides feedback on guest responses that may impact owner revenue.
- Responsible for ordering operating supplies required for front office operations and adhering to budget.
- Other tasks and assignments as required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed for Position:
- BA, preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, knowledge of booking channels some property management system experience, required.
- Valid Driver's license and clean driving record, required.
- Previous hotel front office management experience required; solid understanding of hotel reservations and revenue management, guest service, guest recovery, budget creation and management, billing and accounts payable.
- No less than 3 years' experience in a hotel front office management role.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, guest service, ability to adapt to a changing environment, ability to work weekends and long shifts as occupancy requires.
The budgeted range starts at $52,000 - $67,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 332407