Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
To lead, organize and manage the Special Operations Guest Service team. This group fills gaps in service for our Guests covering important high visible touch point around the mountain and in the base areas. Will be responsible for payroll, scheduling and work comp issues along with being a part of the everyday Guest Service group. Be able to train and lead by example.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maze control in the base areas and on the mountain during busy times
- Have a very high level of Guest Service experience
- Grooming Information- will be involved in the production and distribution of grooming information for the mountain.
- Maintain information structures and Guest Service signage along with keeping tools benches stocked.
- Trail maps distribution on and around Vail Mountain.
- Crowd control on the mountain wherever needed.
- End of day duties
- Payroll, scheduling, work comp, purchasing
- Managing both the paid and volunteer groups on a daily basis
- Mountain A.M. mountain set up
- Coordination with various departments on the mountain as needed
- Problem solving and managing situations as they arise.
- At least 2 years of Guest Service Experience
- At least 1 years of Leadership Experience
- ski/ride at an intermediate level
- Basic construction knowledge and able to use hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) as well as manual excavation tools (shovel, pick, etc.)
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to quickly learn new computer programs
- Effective communication skills with both guests and staff
- Team player and leader
- Ability and willingness to perform demanding physical labor
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to lift at least 55lbs
The budgeted range starts at 17. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343366