Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
- Maintaining all designated and delegated lawns and landscapes such that they are made fit and kept to their highest potential
- Opening, maintaining, and setting the village daily according to designated task lists
- Operating and maintaining equipment safely and efficiently, including but not limited to trucks, trucks with loaded trailers, snow-blowers, snow-throwers, workman* utility vehicles, zero-turn mowers, push mowers, string trimmers, and boom-lifts
- Maintaining a viable driver's license
- Communicating any issue or lapse in policy, best practice or safety, to your management as soon as they become apparent
- Respecting, understanding, and helping all members of your team such that the interpersonal health of the team is maintained to its highest potential
- Setting up, maintenance of, removal, and storage of seasonal decor
- Production of events, and any related responsibilities including, but not limited to, the setting of tents, stages, trussing, and all manner of event-related equipment, patrol and keeping of events while underway, guest stewardship, and safety issue identification and mitigation
- Transportation and storage of all equipment
- Any other responsibilities designated or delegated by management, *such that said responsibility can be done safely, any issues thereof to be mitigated by Beaver Creek Health and Safety
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License & Satisfactory Driving Record (in accordance with VR Drivers Policy).
- Must be able and willing to work 1st & 2nd shifts.
- Must be able and willing to work weekends & holidays.
- Able and willingless to ride lifts
- Must be able to lift up to perform medium work (defined as exerting up to 50lbs of force occasionally).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Basic education preferred
- Previous experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication skills: communicates in a positive, solution oriented way to proactively address maintenance and operational needs
- Teamwork: able to work effectively with activities leadership and other department staff to plan, schedule, and complete maintenance tasks on time (lift maintenance, lift operations, base operations)
- Organizational skills: able to organize and accomplish a wide variety of tasks and prioritize daily work to maximize productivity and efficient maintenance of all activities
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a highly dynamic work environment
- Ability to learn to use chemicals as directed.
- Must possess visual acuity necessary for visual inspection involving work at a distance at or within arm's reach and sanitation.
The budgeted range starts at 14.50 - 17.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 319190