With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Bartender – FT & PT Seasonal – Northstar California
The Bartender Mixes and serves various ordered drinks. Collects payment for drinks if served directly to guests. Maintains bar and supplies in clean and orderly condition. May assist in taking periodic inventories.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Use jiggers when pouring all alcohol
- Take beverage orders and make the correct item and collect correct payment.
- Quickly and efficiently make drink orders of 5 or more drinks at a time.
- Provides clean work station including taking out trash, bussing of tables, dish washing, and stocking.
- Complete weekly cleaning tasks
- Stock bar with supplies and maintain freshness of products.
- Drive and increase sales through up selling techniques and delivering great guest service.
- Responsible for not serving alcohol who is under 21 years of age. Must use the proper techniques to card and identify the age of patrons that appear to be under 30 years of age.
- Follow TIPS training and responsible for not service patrons that appear to be intoxicated.
- Keep bar stocked.
- Make supervisors aware of any item of which stocks are low.
- Responsible for collecting cash and providing accurate change for the guests at all times. Balance receipts with cash drawer at the end of each shift.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- TIPs Certified, CA Food Handlers Card
- Proficient with a POS
- In-person interview - required
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 350087