Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Summer Adventure Level 1 Guide provides a safe, fun learning environment for our guests and employees. The employee will build lasting relationships with guests and employees, and be involved in a positive work environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
The list below best represents the majority of the tasks you will be asked to perform at some time during your employment in this position. It is not intended to represent all of the tasks because we cannot predict all of the variety of challenges we must face in providing the product our guests expect. We intend never to ask you to perform a task that is inherently unsafe or that you are not adequately trained to perform.
- Report to work on time when scheduled.
- Report to work in proper dress or uniform and groomed appropriately.
- Observe all employee rules and regulations.
- Observe all applicable safety standards.
- Demonstrate positive attitude, especially in area of customer service.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Load, send, receive and unload guests on the ZipTour.
- Develop a competent understanding of harness/helmet sizing and adjusting, equipment inspection, and Summer Adventure related paperwork.
- Provide guests with appropriate harness systems. Review with guests how to wear, use and remove equipment.
- Orient guests to the Adventures through oral instructions and demonstrations. Be patient and considerate of guests’ needs and communicate in a clear manner. Guide guests through the Tree Top Demo Course, Zip Tour Demo Zip, and answer guests’ questions or address guests’ concerns before they proceed.
- Rotate through the stations and monitor guests’ progress. Learn to recognize when guests require assistance and coaching. Be prepared to help, verbally and/or in a hands-on manner, when needed.
- Provide warnings when observing guests who violate safety rules. Repeated violations may result in the termination of the guests’ participation. Level 1 Guides have the authority to expel guests who do not heed safety guidelines.
- Using company core values to ensure a memorable experience for each participant.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
- Must be guest-service oriented.
- Ability to work at height of 40’ or more.
- Ability to learn and to demonstrate technical rope work, and to use and demonstrate the use of climbing equipment such as carabineers, pulleys, lanyards, etc.
- Ability to understand the harness and helmet system required for guests.
- Ability to perform physical activities that include climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Ability to perform very heavy work (defined as exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects).
- Visual acuity necessary to inspect and monitor equipment and operations.
- Ability to handle fast-paced situations under pressure.
- Good communication skills, both with coworkers and guests.
- Ability to work outside for periods of more than one hour in various weather conditions. Temperatures may be extreme, including in excess of 90 degrees F, or may be below freezing.
- Ability to use a two way radio.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Discounted lodging, food and gear
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 316128