Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19 unless eligible for an accommodation under applicable law.
- Starting Wage:? $18 per hour
Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20 per hour
Shift & Schedule Availability:? Full Time
Skill Level: Intermediate
As a Park City Maintenance Mechanic, it is your responsibility to execute our safety best practices to the best of your ability, as well as maintain a friendly and positive attitude every day, with all guests and employees. We are an internal based guest service department we want to make sure we leave our customers with a positive experience. There are many benefits with the job including free season pass, a great benefits package etc. Our mission is to provide an “Experience of a Lifetime” for both our guests and employees alike.
The Advanced Fleet Mechanic position provides maintenance and repair services for company fleet vehicles and assists in all other shop duties as assigned.
- Pisten Bully and Prinoth Snowcats
- Yamaha, Ski-Doo and Polaris Snowmobiles
- Heavy Equipment-Caterpiller,John Deere and Komatsu
- Light Duty Trucks-Ford,Chevy,GMC and Dodge
- Can-am and Yamaha Utv’s
- Cutaway Shuttle Buses
- Small Engine Equipment
- Gas / Diesel Engine Repair and Diagnosis
- Drive Train Repair and Diagnosis
- Electrical Repair and Diagnosis
- Brake System Repair and Diagnosis
- Steering and Suspension Repair and Diagnosis
- Preventative Maintenance on Fleet Vehicles
- Snow Cat Fleet Maintenance, Repair and Diagnosis
- Shop Cleanliness
- Spill Prevention
- Training Assistance with Entry/Intermediate Level Employees
- Ordering and Inventory
- Train/teach equipment mechanical classes as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate should have a minimum of 2- 5 years vehicle maintenance experience specific to the types of vehicles in our fleet – Preferred
- Must have own tools and be willing to purchase more as necessary – Required
- Mechanical aptitude – Preferred
- Must Have or obtain a valid driver’s license / clean DMV record. - Required
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly - Required
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (primary shop is on-mountain and work is often outdoors) - Required
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends - Required
- Must have high school degree or equivalent - Required
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English – Preferred
- Follow all shop safety practices and dress code.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to hit our goals and expectations.
- Communicate with department heads and employees regarding equipment problems and repairs
- Document all work done and parts on work orders-Required
- Small engine repair experience is a benefit.
- Able to diagnosis and repair electrical and computer systems problems on modern vehicles.-Required
- Able to efficiently use Microsoft computers with windows operating system- Required
- Able to diagnosis and repair major mechanical systems on modern vehicles.-Required
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 436168