Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
The Product Sales Specialist for our Backcountry Center will be frontline staff and work to sell backcountry guides, Avalanche education courses, high end camps and clinics, and advanced group lessons for kids and adults. This position requires excellent, pro-active, outgoing customer service and sales skills, high level of computer input for guest information, and above average attention to detail. A keen interest in backcountry skiing and snowboarding is desirable, along with an interest in learning about backcountry safety and avalanche education. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in the backcountry education & guiding culture.
- Provide above and beyond Guest Service while maintaining attention to detail in a fast-paced, vibrant environment.
- Selling and providing information regarding all Expedition:Kirkwood programs
- Process sales in Resort Point of Sale system; provide other tracking in various computer software systems. Gathering and inputting of all customer information in our computer system
- Record keeping and filing away of all backcountry program liability forms and registration forms.
- Preparing classroom for Avalanche education courses
- Relaying information regarding mountain safety, terrain updates, daily avalanche rating, Development teams, and clinics.
- Direct guest around the resort and answer guest questions on all resort activities. Communicate clearly and precisely, helping guests to understand all directions.
- Processing advanced bookings for all Expedition Kirkwood Programs
- Sending confirmation emails to pre-registered guests for all Expedition Kirkwood Programs
- Positive, proactive work ethic and a desire to learn about Backcountry Education
- Ability to work on a team and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to speak, read, and communicate in English.
- Must have a firm grasp of computer data entry/sales
- Must enjoy working directly with guests for a majority of the day.
- Ability to learn and retain a large product inventory of all Expedition program offerings
- Ability to learn new computer software systems.
- Must be able to arrive to resort on time, regardless of weather conditions
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software systems.
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently on a task oriented job for a portion of the day
- High School Diploma or GED- required.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Work Schedule: Sales agents will work between 2-3 days per week depending on business volume, all work shift start at 7:30am on weekend and holiday times and 8:00am non holiday times. Work hours fluctuate based on business volume average work hours are 3-8 hours per day, peak periods will be more. All staff is required to work all holidays and weekends, which includes 2-3 weeks around each holiday: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Presidents, MLK, Easter, school spring breaks..
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Free touring equipment available for use
- Free AIARE Level 1 course participation
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
- Discount with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Carpool Incentive program
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343446