The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Banquet Houseperson is responsible for the set-up, breakdown, general cleanliness and maintenance of the meeting rooms and banquet areas.
• Eye contact should be made at a distance of no less than 10 feet from every guest
• A genuine smile should be offered at a distance of no less than 5 feet from every guest
• Employees should build rapport with guests during any conversation, if the guest responds to the initial statement with a conversational demeanor
• Guest last name is used effectively, but discreetly, as a signal of recognition as least once and not more than twice during any conversation with guests
• Before concluding conversations, the guest is verbally offered additional assistance with a statement relevant to the guest’s individual needs
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Extend friendly greeting to guests in meeting rooms and public areas
• Responsible for master keys and pagers, ensure their safe return to PBX
• Set rooms according to banquet event orders and standards
• Responsible for setup and breakdown of all meeting rooms and functions
• Setup, breakdown and maintain all A/V equipment
• Assist in banquet service- transporting food and tableware to and from the kitchen, coordinating breakdown station for dirty dishes
• Transport and handle equipment and furniture with care to meeting rooms and off property events.
• Breakdown and clean meeting rooms
• Clean and organize banquet back hallway and banquet storage rooms
• Inform Banquet Manager of guest comments and complaints
• Maintain positive communication with banquet staff and all F&B departments
• Will report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
• Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the catering vehicles
Additional Job Duties:
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by Banquet Manager; assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook and departmental rules
• Report to shift on time
• Enforce and comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department, The Little Nell and the Aspen Skiing Company
Education, Experience & Skills:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Six months related experience required.
• Heavy lifting required, therefore, no physical limitations
Physical requirements of the position include:
• Ability to carry heavy loads such as trays and tables (40-60 pounds)
• Ability to pull heavy loads (300 pounds)
• Standing, bending, and stooping required